Scarsdale SBNC Is Seeking Candidates
to the Board of Education
We Invite All Residents to Run
At least 18 years old; U.S. Citizen; qualified to vote
Scarsdale school district resident for at least one year prior to May 16, 2023
Fill Out Biographical Form
Candidates should complete the biographical information form, email to SBNCchair@gmail.com as soon as possible, but no later than 7pm on Thursday, February 16, 2023.
Present Before SBNC
Candidates will be requested to appear before the SBNC for up to 15 minutes with a presentation incorporating answers to the following questions:
1) Why are you interested in serving on the Scarsdale Board of Education?
2）What qualities do you possess that would enable you to contribute effectively to the working of the School Board?
3) Would you please elaborate on your background, professional or personal experience, or civic contributions?
4) What past experiences or qualifications would prepare you to address a significant challenge or crisis?
5) Is there any other relevant information about your candidacy you would like to share with us?
- January 2023 Board of Education Presentation to the SBNC (Presentation Part 1, Presentation Part 2)
- The School Board Member Experience by NY State School Boards Association